We need your nominations by 9th October!
The Monday Night Club is very excited to announce that we have been awarded a Big Lottery grant to celebrate the achievements of people with learning disabilities in Worcestershire.
Do you know someone who has made outstanding achievements, or had great success, despite their disability? We want to challenge stereotypes and misconceptions of what learning-disabled people can achieve, and are achieving, in our county.
This is how:
- The winners will have documentary films made about their lives and achievements by professional film crews, assisted by members of The Monday Night Club.
- The Monday Night Club members will design a new version of the ‘blue plaque’ for the winners.
- These new-style plaques will be permanently located in prominent places around our county. They will be viewed by thousands of people in Worcestershire.
- The plaques will be positioned in places that connect with each individual’s achievements, for example a Special Olympian could have their plaque at Worcester Arena, or an autistic writer’s plaque could be seen at Worcester Hive.
- The film we make to tell the public more about each person’s successful life will be published on our new Respect Ability website and a link to it will be ‘digitally embedded’ into their plaque.
We are inviting all disability groups in Worcestershire to nominate a member of their group. We need your nominations to ensure as diverse a range of Worcestershire’s disability community is represented as possible.
Send your Respect Ability nominations by email to:
Include name, contact details, and a short description of the successes and achievements made by your nominee.
Please ensure that your nominee is happy to be filmed and showcased publicly should they win.
All the selected nominations will go to a vote at an open evening at The Monday Night Club on 16th October.